Sunday, March 11, 2012

Upcoming Events

The problem with 8 part posts is that one gets behind in posting actual life events.  It is going to be a busy few weeks.  Here is what is coming up.

Tomorrow is the fall application deadline for Boston University.  Thursday is the deadline for Northeastern and Suffolk.  Boston College deadline isn't until May 1.  These days are relevant as I'm applying to the evening MBA program of these schools.  Note that these are all Boston schools, and I will not be leaving the area any time soon.   The school I'm really hoping to go to though is the one that is best at googling my name.

Saturday is Draft Day for year 12 of Dove Hunting.   I'll spend the vast the majority of the day* sitting in front of a computer typing into a chat box.  I'm not sure that it is my favorite day of the year, but it as least in the discussion.  Bonus points for none of the day being spent in a hospital room with Becky this year.

*Last year the draft took about seven hours.  We made really good time.

Sunday we will host our monthly gaming activities.  We will also be celebrating either the color green, pi(e)s or perhaps just green pies. 

Some time next week I'm hoping to resume sessions of Risk Legacy. Legacy will get a full post at some point, but the short explanation is that your moves in the game have permanent affects on the game board.  Through the course of play you write and place stickers on the board and occasionally rip cards up.  It is like risk, but awesome.

The weekend after that I'll be heading off to Orlando to visit my sister and catch a couple Spring training game assuming I ever bother to buy a plane ticket.

Two weeks after that is the start of passover.  I'm going to try to host my first sedar for gentiles since my college days. 

There are also two puzzle events in April.  Boston Area Puzzle Hunters League on the 21th of April and DASH the weekend after.  I think I'll be able to partake in BAPHL and will be helping run DASH. 


No comments:

Post a Comment